Member Site Forums Rosetta++ Rosetta++ – General Linux Distros and Settings Reply To: Linux Distros and Settings

Anonymous

If the error shows that you does not have correct library, you can download one from http://zlib.net/
    And also, 2.3.0 suggests to use scons as compile tool.

> Dear all,
    >
    > after several failed attempts to install Rosetta++ 2.3.0 using the Bundle + Fragments + Examples, I wonder if I simply use the wrong compiler versions or linux distros.
    >
    > So far I have used MinGW with MinSYS, Red Hat Enterprise 3.0, Fedora 9, SuSe 11.0 (not supported, I know) and Ubuntu 8.04. With each of the distros I tried to compile rosetta++ with gcc 4.2 / 4.3 and gcc 3.4, but the making process always gets aborted due to an error.
    >
    > Some errors indicate that “make gcc” does not use the standard libraries. My libraries are up to date and I get different error messages depending on the platform I use.
    >
    > Maybe some of you have experienced similar problems and know a solution or did I simply miss anything?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for you help. I am really looking forward to your answers. (:smile:)
    >
    > Kind regards,
    > Stephan