Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – General SCons compilation error (Windows XP, 32bit) Reply To: SCons compilation error (Windows XP, 32bit)

Anonymous

(:biggrin:) I wouldn’t even have noticed, if you hadn’t told me!

Current status: After having removed/renamed __external/lib/z.lib__ the compilation process runs to a certain point (I guess pretty much one of the last steps), where another error occurs:
    ^/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/stl_uninitialized.h:82: warning: ‘__cur’ might be used uninitialized in this function
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/stl_uninitialized.h:82: warning: ‘__cur’ might be used uninitialized in this function
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/stl_uninitialized.h: In member function `void std:vector:_M_fill_insert(_gnu_cxx:_normal_iterator, size_t, const _Tp&)
    [with _Tp = utility:options:RealOption, _Alloc = std:allocator]’:
    /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/include/c++/bits/stl_uninitialized.h:82: warning: ‘__cur’ might be used uninitialized in this function

/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../__i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: out of memory__ allocating 20 bytes after a total of 1603076096 bytes
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

scons: *** [build/src/release/cygwin/1.5/32/x86/gcc/protocols.dll] Error 1

scons: building terminated because of errors.^

Although running a x86 system with 1GB RAM here at work, the peak memory usage of approx. 1.7 GB RAM should be okay (0.7 RAM addressed as swap).
    At home I tried the same thing with 4 GB RAM installed (3.2 GB available) and got the same error.

The only documentation of this “feature” seems to be a bug report from 2002 regarding “GNU Linker”:

[http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg12681.html|Re: ld crash]

Any workaround possible?