Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Build/Install problems installing Rosetta on CentOS (fixed) Reply To: problems installing Rosetta on CentOS (fixed)

Anonymous

Something somewhere is getting garbled such that your computer is trying to run a program called “o” in place of running gcc. I seem to remember you had a python installation problem – did you ever get that resolved?

If you compare it to the normal output you can see that the starting string that scons is issuing as a command is getting cut off somehow:

scons: Reading SConscript files …
    scons: done reading SConscript files.
    scons: Building targets …
    g++-4.3 -o build/src/debug/linux/2.6/64/x86/gcc/numeric/model_quality/rms.os -c -std=c++98 -pipe -ffor-scope -W -Wall -pedantic -Wno-long-long -O0 -g -ggdb -ffloat-store -fPIC -Isrc -Iexternal/include -Isrc/platform/linux/64/gcc -Isrc/platform/linux/64 -Isrc/platform/linux -Iexternal/boost_1_38_0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include src/numeric/model_quality/rms.cc

Notice you’re missing the g++-4.3 - before the letter o. (On your system, you should probably just have g++; the system I’m on at the moment has an override in place to use 4.3.

If the problem is a scons/python mismatch, you can try installing a version of scons compatible with your python version. The embedded scons-local is not modified in any way; the scons instruction files native to Rosetta3 should work with most versions of scons.

You can try adding overrides to force use of gcc 4.1.2 into the file tools/build/user.settings:

"overrides" : {
    "cc" : "gcc-4.3",
    "cxx" : "g++-4.3",
    },

Replace the existing overrides section with that. You’ll need to substitute the 3’s for either 1’s or 1.2’s. I’m not optimistic that this will work; this is to force a particular compiler version, whereas you seem to have garbled scons output.

As a dirty trick, you could try aliasing o to something like “gcc -o !:1*” (in tcsh).