Reply To: unable to propagate location of libraries to scons for Rosetta 3.1 [FIXED…SORT OF…]

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Build/Install unable to propagate location of libraries to scons for Rosetta 3.1 [FIXED…SORT OF…] Reply To: unable to propagate location of libraries to scons for Rosetta 3.1 [FIXED…SORT OF…]

Anonymous

I am compiling on the head node.

As mentionned, when I type directly the g++ command that scons spits out (and fails on), it compiles fine (both executed in the same environment).

Also note that I can reproduce the scons error within my user environment by unsetting LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

$ ./scons.py bin

g++ -o build/src/debug/linux/2.6/64/x86/gcc/apps/public/AbinitioRelax.o -c -std=c++98 -pipe -ffor-scope -W -Wall -pedantic -Wno-long-long -O0 -g -ggdb -ffloat-store -Isrc -Iexternal/include -Isrc/platform/linux/64/gcc -Isrc/platform/linux/64 -Isrc/platform/linux -I/software/base-gcc/include -I/software/gmp-4.3.1_gcc/include -I/software/mpfr-2.4.1_gcc/include -Iexternal/boost_1_38_0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include src/apps/public/AbinitioRelax.cc
    /software/gcc-4.4.2/libexec/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.2/cc1plus: error while loading shared libraries: libmpfr.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ g++ -o build/src/debug/linux/2.6/64/x86/gcc/apps/public/AbinitioRelax.o -c -std=c++98 -pipe -ffor-scope -W -Wall -pedantic -Wno-long-long -O0 -g -ggdb -ffloat-store -Isrc -Iexternal/include -Isrc/platform/linux/64/gcc -Isrc/platform/linux/64 -Isrc/platform/linux -I/software/base-gcc/include -I/software/gmp-4.3.1_gcc/include -I/software/mpfr-2.4.1_gcc/include -Iexternal/boost_1_38_0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include src/apps/public/AbinitioRelax.cc

$ unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH

$ g++ -o build/src/debug/linux/2.6/64/x86/gcc/apps/public/AbinitioRelax.o -c -std=c++98 -pipe -ffor-scope -W -Wall -pedantic -Wno-long-long -O0 -g -ggdb -ffloat-store -Isrc -Iexternal/include -Isrc/platform/linux/64/gcc -Isrc/platform/linux/64 -Isrc/platform/linux -I/software/base-gcc/include -I/software/gmp-4.3.1_gcc/include -I/software/mpfr-2.4.1_gcc/include -Iexternal/boost_1_38_0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include src/apps/public/AbinitioRelax.cc
    /software/gcc-4.4.2/libexec/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.4.2/cc1plus: error while loading shared libraries: libmpfr.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Puzzling why paths and includes get propagated, but not the libraries…