Reply To: unable to propagate location of libraries to scons for Rosetta 3.1 [FIXED…SORT OF…]

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Build/Install unable to propagate location of libraries to scons for Rosetta 3.1 [FIXED…SORT OF…] Reply To: unable to propagate location of libraries to scons for Rosetta 3.1 [FIXED…SORT OF…]

Anonymous

Hi Stéphane,

As for the LIBPATH/LIBS scons variables you can try printing them out with

print env.Dictionary()

where env is what scons thinks of as the “environment”, but I don’t think this is the issue–

Ok here are more things to try. From your command line run,

ldd `which g++`

This will print out which libraries are dynamically linked into g++. Now make a wrapper script for g++ like I described in the last message (let me know if you can’t figure out how.) that also echo in the script ldd `which g++` as well as ldd `cc1plus` for good measure. This should verify the error message that you’re seeing–namely that the location of the library is not found.

The next step is to reduce the test case and contact your system administrator to see if they know what’s going on with the module loading service. One way to try to reduce the test case is to make your own simpler scons build system for a small program and see if it is still failing. If you make it a really clean example, your sys admin will be much more likely to help you figure out what’s going on!

Thanks for sticking with this.

-matt