Reply To: gcc 4.4 (4.4.2) compile error with mode=release related to -finline-limit=20000 compile option [SOLVED]

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Build/Install gcc 4.4 (4.4.2) compile error with mode=release related to -finline-limit=20000 compile option [SOLVED] Reply To: gcc 4.4 (4.4.2) compile error with mode=release related to -finline-limit=20000 compile option [SOLVED]

Anonymous

We had communication six days ago with the GCC folks who suggested we lower finline-limit to 487, for a similar failure in a different part of the code. It looks like the GCC folks have fixed their bug causing this crash, but of course they can’t get their fix on your cluster.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=47478

I get the impression they (GCC) think inline-limit and unroll-loops are too high anyway; of course they may be unaware of how inner-loop-bound Rosetta truly is. I’ve posted to the developer list your findings and asked for comment.

I can guarantee that changing inline-limit and unroll-loops for ResidueDecompositionCalculator won’t affect performance; it’s not low-level enough to be called very frequently. Changing it for the whole build system may have effects…