Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Build/Install installation of rosetta 3.2 on windows 7 home edition using cygwin 6.1 (intel i5 ) Reply To: installation of rosetta 3.2 on windows 7 home edition using cygwin 6.1 (intel i5 )

Anonymous

I’m actually having a heck of an adventure with this myself. The zlib problem is caused because there is a spurious z.lib sitting in rosetta_source/external/lib/z.lib. If you rename or remove it and make sure that you have zlib installed through cygwin then you should have no problem.

My current problem is that I’m trying to compile static. I got a set of static binaries built, but they all segfault with a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception. I did some digging and found that this is a fairly common problem with cygwin, and that some people had good luck updating their toolchain. I installed g++ 4.5 (I had previously been using 3.4) and tried again. Now I get errors about ‘time’ not being declared in this scope. I’m trying to figure out why it can’t find my sys/time.h. I’ll post a followup if/when I ever get this working.

-Sam