Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – General Does the fold count reset if abinitio is restarted? Reply To: Does the fold count reset if abinitio is restarted?

Anonymous

smlewis, thanks for e-mailing me that patch. I have another question. It seems like there were a lot of duplicate structures in the silent out files. I ran extract_pdbs on the silent out files and it listed “SilentStruct with S_00000715 already exists!” for a bunch of different structures, with a total of 24200 structures in one of the files; there were 13 silent out files from the mpi run, all with about the same filesize and thus probably roughly the same number of structures. My question is, are these structures a unique fold, or are the structures with the same number the same fold (does this question make sense)? I guess what I’m asking is, are all the duplicate structures just going to give the same data/results, or does the monte carlo procedure produce different folds every time it runs? Let me know if you need me to explain what I’m asking any further. Thanks for your help.