Error when running “plot_LHOC.py”

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – General Error when running “plot_LHOC.py”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Dear all,

When I run the following command:

$ROSETTA/main/source/scripts/python/public/plot_VL_VH_orientational_coordinates/plot_LHOC.py

It gives the following error:

/bin/sh: /app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source/bin/packing_angle.macosclangrelease: No such file or directory

Executing /app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source/bin/packing_angle.macosclangrelease -database /app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/database/ -s model-0.relaxed.pdb -pack_missing_sidechains false -out:file:score_only model-0.relaxe_LHOCs.score…

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source/scripts/python/public/plot_VL_VH_orientational_coordinates/plot_LHOC.py”, line 120, in <module>

score_file = ScoreFile(i, infiles, outpath, names).plot_for_all_coordinates(tempfiles, angles_file)

File “/app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source/scripts/python/public/plot_VL_VH_orientational_coordinates/ScoreFile.py”, line 64, in plot_for_all_coordinates

self.load_template_data(tempfiles)

File “/app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source/scripts/python/public/plot_VL_VH_orientational_coordinates/ScoreFile.py”, line 73, in load_template_data

templates.calculate_angles()

File “/app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source/scripts/python/public/plot_VL_VH_orientational_coordinates/TemplateScoreFiles.py”, line 38, in calculate_angles

assert rc == 0, “Command %s failed!” %(LHOC_cmd)

AssertionError: Command /app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source/bin/packing_angle.macosclangrelease -database /app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/database/ -s model-0.relaxed.pdb -pack_missing_sidechains false -out:file:score_only model-0.relaxe_LHOCs.score failed!

It is strange that why the script calls the command “packing_angle.macosclangrelease” since my system is linux Centos. Is the a bug of plot_LHOC.py?

Best regards.

Yeping Sun

Anonymous

I would say it’s closer to an “unimplemented feature” than a bug – it definitely hardcodes a mac path.  I encourage you to just open the script up in a text editor and fix it yourself.  You can even get away with `sed -i ‘s/macosclang/linuxgcc/’ plot_LHOC.py`.  (I am assuming you are using gcc, correct less for clang.)

The README in that directory does imply the hardcoding of the macos release.  I’ve filed a bug for you, but it’s proably pretty low priority.

Anonymous

Hello, smlewis,

Thank for the replay and for filing the bug. 

However, I have opened the plot_LHOC.py script with the text editor but cannot find where to fix, and there is no  “macosclangrelease” tag at all. And  `sed -i ‘s/macosclang/linuxgcc/’ plot_LHOC.py` changes nothing. The same error comes out after the “sed” substitution.

Maybe the “macosclangrelease” tag is in some other script called by the plot_LHOC.py script? By what is it?

Best regards,

Yeping

Anonymous

Yeah, you’re right, it’s line 42 in constants.py in the same directory.  When I searched for the string I did the whole directory, instead of just the file, and didn’t notice which file it was in.

constants.py

42:    rosetta_LHOC = rosetta_path + ‘/main/source/bin/packing_angle.macosclangrelease’

Anonymous

Hello smlewis,

I have replaced the “macosclangrelease” with “linuxgccrelease” in Line 42 in the constants.py. However, when I ran the plot_LHOC.py script again, the expected plot wasn’t produced and the output log information ended with the following lines:

Executing /app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source/bin/packing_angle.linuxgccrelease -database /app/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/database/ -s model-9.relaxed.pdb -pack_missing_sidechains false -out:file:score_only model-9.relaxe_LHOCs.score… …done!

/app/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/font_manager.py:1297: UserWarning: findfont: Font family not found. Falling back to DejaVu Sans

(prop.get_family(), self.defaultFamily[fontext]))

Is there still something with it? 

Best regards.

Yeping

Anonymous

Dunno, I’ll send it along to the author.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.