How to set the enviroment variable $ROSETTA3, $ $ROSETTA3_DB, $ROSETTA_TOOLS?

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – General How to set the enviroment variable $ROSETTA3, $ $ROSETTA3_DB, $ROSETTA_TOOLS?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Dear all,

The “How To Read These Tutorials” section (https://www.rosettacommons.org/demos/latest/tutorials/How_To_Read_These_Tutorials/Tutorial_Setup) of the tutorial of Rosetta  requires the following environment variables are set: 

env $ROSETTA3=the path to your Rosetta/source directory

env $ROSETTA3_DB=the path to your Rosetta/database directory

env $ROSETTA_TOOLS=the path to your Rosetta/tools directory

But how to set these  environment variables? I add the following three lines:

env $ROSETTA3=/WORK/ac_im_botian_1/programs/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source

env $ROSETTA3_DB=/WORK/ac_im_botian_1/programs/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/database

env $ROSETTA3_TOOLS=/WORK/ac_im_botian_1/programs/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/tools

to the ~/.bashrc file, but they don’t work. When I give a rosetta command with these environment variables in the linux shell, such as 

>$ROSETTA3/bin/score_jd2.default.linuxgccrelease

the error message

“-bash: /bin/score_jd2.default.linuxgccrelease: No such file or directory”

is output, but if I only give the command 

>score_jd2.default.linuxgccrelease

it can be found correctly and the epected output is given:

core.init: Rosetta version unknown:exported  from http://www.rosettacommons.org

core.init: command: score_jd2.default.linuxgccrelease

core.init: ‘RNG device’ seed mode, using ‘/dev/urandom’, seed=1464624117 seed_offset=0 real_seed=1464624117

core.init.random: RandomGenerator:init: Normal mode, seed=1464624117 RG_type=mt19937

………………………………..

because the “/WORK/ac_im_botian_1/programs/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/source/bin” has been correctly add to my $PATH by the “export” command in the ~/.bashrc file.

But could you tell me how to set the “$ROSETTA3”,  “$ROSETTA3_DB”, “$ROSETTA_TOOLS” enviroment variables?

Anonymous

Here’s an example of how to set up an environment variable in your .bashrc:

export ROSETTA3_DB=/WORK/ac_im_botian_1/programs/rosetta_src_2017.08.59291_bundle/main/database

Don’t forget to source your .bashrc after editing it (or just open up a new terminal).

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.