“Problem in calculating overlap between atoms” error occurred in Point Mutant Scan application

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Applications “Problem in calculating overlap between atoms” error occurred in Point Mutant Scan application

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi all,

I’m trying to run pmut_scan_parallel application with “-score:weights design_hpatch.wts” scoring function, as suggested in manual. However, it always exits from: src/core/scoring/sasa.cc line 215 and an error reported:

“Problem in calculating overlap between atoms. Termination calculation.
        radius_a: 3.16, radius_b: 3.16, distance_ijxyz: 14.199, cosine theta: 2.245″

Does it mean that atom a and b are too far from each other so that there is no overlap between them? Why it happens in hpatch scoring, and any suggestion to avoid it?

Many thanks,

xfliu

Anonymous

It looks like your interpretation is correct. I’ve sent out a query for more details. It would help if you could provide an input file that causes the error.

Anonymous

Thanks a lot Lewis! This error occurs for a variety of pdb files I tried. So I do not think it is likely the problem of input files. Anyway, thank you for forwarding this problem to the right person.

Anonymous

I have located someone who knows an answer, but it will require patching your code. He said he’ll reply here when he is able.

Anonymous

This got fixed…I’d guess it will get released when we go to weekly releases in two months or less. I can try to make you a patch if you’re still interested. https://carbon.structbio.vanderbilt.edu/mantisbt/view.php?id=29#c139

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.