Reading chloride anions

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – General Reading chloride anions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to read a pdb file that  has a chloride anion important for its structure. The error is that it is not recognized by rosetta, as sometimes happily happen with other small ions. Looking through the database file I found a params file for a chloride ion model, located at: $ROSETTA_HOME/main/database/chemical/residue_type_sets/fa_standard/residue_types/anions/CL.params. The file reads:

# I think right now that Mini has to have at least three atoms per residue,
        # hence the virtual atoms.
        NAME CL
        IO_STRING CL Z
        TYPE LIGAND
        PROPERTIES CHARGED
        AA UNK
        ROTAMERS BASIC
        ATOM CL Cl1p Cl1p -1.00
        ATOM V1 VIRT VIRT 0.00
        ATOM V2 VIRT VIRT 0.00
        BOND CL V1
        BOND CL V2
        BOND V1 V2
        CHARGE CL FORMAL -1
        NBR_ATOM CL
        NBR_RADIUS 0.01
        ICOOR_INTERNAL CL 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 CL V1 V2
        ICOOR_INTERNAL V1 0.000000 180.000000 1.493765 CL V1 V2
        ICOOR_INTERNAL V2 0.000000 62.060678 1.415324 V1 CL V2

When I include this file to read the chloride residue with rosetta, the following error is thrown:

ERROR: unrecognized mm_atom_type_name Cl1p
        ERROR:: Exit from: src/core/chemical/MMAtomTypeSet.hh line: 85

The MM atom type named Cl1p cannot be found in the files at $ROSETTA_HOME/main/database/chemical/mm_atom_type_sets/fa_standard directory. However an entry for atom type CL is found in the file mm_atom_properties.txt. So I did replace the name Cl1p with CL in the params file and a new error emerged:

ERROR: unrecognized atom_type_name 'CL'
        ERROR:: Exit from: src/core/chemical/AtomTypeSet.cc line: 176

Again looking the file $ROSETTA_HOME/main/database/chemical/atom_type_sets/fa_standard/atom_properties.txt I found tha there is a line for a chloride with name Cl. Changing the atom type CL for Cl in the params file and running again Rosetta to read the structure is now successfull. The params file now reads:

# I think right now that Mini has to have at least three atoms per residue,
        # hence the virtual atoms.
        NAME CL
        IO_STRING CL Z
        TYPE LIGAND
        PROPERTIES CHARGED
        AA UNK
        ROTAMERS BASIC
        ATOM CL Cl CL -1.00
        ATOM V1 VIRT VIRT 0.00
        ATOM V2 VIRT VIRT 0.00
        BOND CL V1
        BOND CL V2
        BOND V1 V2
        CHARGE CL FORMAL -1
        NBR_ATOM CL
        NBR_RADIUS 0.01
        ICOOR_INTERNAL CL 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 CL V1 V2
        ICOOR_INTERNAL V1 0.000000 180.000000 1.493765 CL V1 V2
        ICOOR_INTERNAL V2 0.000000 62.060678 1.415324 V1 CL V2

Even though the file is processed I am now wondering if the parameters used are reasonably valid to continue with the simulations. Also, I am not sure whom created this CL.params file and which atom types he/she had in mind, which I could not find in the database.  Has anyone encountered with this kind of situation trying to modelling chloride anions with Rosetta?

Anonymous

Chloride was recently added twice by two different people.  I’m pinging them both.

The scorefunction is never particularly trustworthy on details for stuff like ligands – so given that “it’s only but so good”, feel confident that the changes you made locally to get it working were the right ones!

Anonymous

That’s what I wanted to hear!  

Anyway, it would be nice to have some comments about how the parameters were achieved for the CL.params file, given that it is still orphan because the missing atom type parameters.

I will put this as solved, but feel free (y’all) to comment for future references.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.