error while loading shared libraries: libdevel.so

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Build/Install error while loading shared libraries: libdevel.so

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have successfully built rosetta 3.2.1 on fedora14, but
        now whenever I try to execute any of the programs I get the following message:
        error while loading shared libraries: libdevel.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do I need to set up some path variables? I haven’t found any info in the manual.

Thanks for your help,

Jarek

Anonymous

Your compilation is incorrect somehow – try compiling again. If that doesn’t work, rm -rf build/* then compile again from scratch. The error is complaining that the devel library doesn’t exist; in 3.2.1 the devel library is empty so if it comes to it we can edit the settings to ignore the library completely.

Anonymous

Hello Rosetta experts,
            I am very new to Rosetta and am trying to compile Rosetta3.4 (tried even Rosetta3.5) on a linux cluster with the following command:
            ./scons.py bin mode=release extras=mpi -j 12

The installation appears to have finished fine though when I try to run a job using mpirun it gives me the following error:
            error while loading shared libraries: libdevel.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

From this thread, it appears to me that Rosetta should not ask for libdevel.so library.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Pri…

Anonymous

I observe the same problem as Pri from 2013-04-04

I see the same issue whether I compile rosetta-3.4 or rosetta-3.5 or even a patched rosetta for csrosetta

Does anyone have a solution?

The file DOES exist, and has real content
              nm -D /shared/app/rosetta3.4/rosetta_source/build/src/release/linux/2.6/64/x86/gcc/4.4/mpi/libdevel.so
              w _Jv_RegisterClasses
              0000000000200c58 A __bss_start
              w __cxa_finalize
              w __gmon_start__
              0000000000200c58 A _edata
              0000000000200c68 A _end
              00000000000007f8 T _fini
              00000000000006b8 T _init
              #hpcc3:/shared/app/rosetta3.4/rosetta_source/src/apps/public: ls -ltr /shared/app/rosetta3.4/rosetta_source/build/src/release/linux/2.6/64/x86/gcc/4.4/mpi/libdevel.so
              -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6661 Aug 27 13:09 /shared/app/rosetta3.4/rosetta_source/build/src/release/linux/2.6/64/x86/gcc/4.4/mpi/libdevel.so

mpiexec -launcher ssh -f machines -n 4 /shared/app/csrosetta3/rosetta/rosetta_source/bin/minirosetta.mpi.linuxgccrelease

always gives error while loading shared libraries: libdevel.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

or

mpiexec -launcher ssh -f machines -n 4 /shared/app/rosetta3.4/rosetta_source/bin/minirosetta.mpi.linuxgccrelease -options:all

error while loading shared libraries: libdevel.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

mpiexec -launcher ssh -f machines -n 4 /home/liyyan/mpi_hello

Hello world from process 1 of 4
              Hello world from process 0 of 4
              Hello world from process 2 of 4
              Hello world from process 3 of 4

I have recompiled from scratch several times.

I am using mpich2-1.41

Anonymous

Does the mpi process trying to run Rosetta, and the machine on which Rosetta is running, have read access to the directory where Rosetta lives? I think this may be a permissions issue – the MPI client machines can’t libdevel.so.

You can try the statically linked build (extras=mpi,static), or try fixing the permissions/file visibility?

Did you try MOVING the Rosetta executable from the place it was compiled onto another machine? That’s a big no-no (unless using the static build).

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.