How can i introduce hydrogen bond as constraint?

Member Site Forums PyRosetta PyRosetta – General How can i introduce hydrogen bond as constraint?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      vatsanraman
      Participant

Hi everyone,

i need you help~

i am trying to introduce hydrogen bond constraints.

something like this:

Let O on residue 1 and N on residue 10 form hydrogen bond.
        Let N on residue 1 and O on residue 20 form hydrogen bond.
        etc.

i had tried to place the two hydrogen bond atoms close as distance constraint.

but mostly the distance constraint is not enough

so i want to calculate hydrogen bond as a constraint.

i had tried to use hbonds.HBondSet().

but i can only display hydrogen bond state uwing hbonds.HBondSet().show()

and cannot get the information as string or other formats.

how can i get the hydrogen bond states between two atoms?

i am welcoming any suggestions!

thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
        Seungpyo Hong

Anonymous

If you have set distance constraints on the hydrogen bonds you want, but the constraints are not obeyed, there are three possibilities:

1) the constraint isn’t set right and Rosetta is ignoring it (or its scorefunction weight is zero)
          2) the constraint scorefunction weight (probably atom_pair_constraint) is too small, and Rosetta isn’t obeying it strongly enough
          3) Rosetta thinks the hydrogen bonds cannot form for some conformational reason

For digging into the hbondset – if you want some output other than the human-readable show() function, look in the C++ at the HBondSet class (src/core/scoring/hbonds/HBondSet.hh) – I don’t know what information you want so I’m hoping what you need may be there. Notice HBondSet is a read-only object – you can’t tell it where the hbonds you want should be, it tells you where the hbonds you already have are.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.