how to use backrub in rosetta3.1

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – General how to use backrub in rosetta3.1

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I installed rosetta3.1 on my system. Based on the backrub documentation, I did exactly the things as it said:
        > cat << END_RESFILE > 2YPI.resfile

then I input the content as the documentation showed.
        >backrub -database rosetta3_database -s 2YPI.pdb -ignore_unrecognized_res -resfile 2YPI.resfile
        -pivot_residues 127 128 129 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178

the system showed following error message:
        -bash: backrub: command not found

So, what is wrong? Why I could not repeat the example on rosetta3.1 website and why it could not even recognize the backrub command? Thanks a lot.

Anonymous

You have a bash shell error message, not a rosetta error message. I would guess either you don’t have a backrub executeable in your current directory (or a symlink to one), or your lookup path does not include the current directory.

Try ./backrub instead of just backrub. That usually fixes my problems when I use the bash shell.

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your help! I got it.

I found that when the backrub worked, it output structures with the tag as _last and _low, how to understand the meaning for those tags? The manual for backrub online is too simple. Thanks again.

> I installed rosetta3.1 on my system. Based on the backrub documentation, I did exactly the things as it said:
            > > cat 2YPI.resfile
            >
            > then I input the content as the documentation showed.
            > >backrub -database rosetta3_database -s 2YPI.pdb -ignore_unrecognized_res -resfile 2YPI.resfile
            > -pivot_residues 127 128 129 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
            >
            > the system showed following error message:
            > -bash: backrub: command not found
            >
            >
            > So, what is wrong? Why I could not repeat the example on rosetta3.1 website and why it could not even recognize the backrub command? Thanks a lot.
            >
            >

Anonymous

I would guess that last and low are Monte Carlo designations – last is wherever the trajectory ended, and low is the lowest-energy structure seen along the course of the trajectory.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.