installation / python versions

Member Site Forums PyRosetta PyRosetta – Build/Install installation / python versions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi,

I would like to install PyRosetta4 for python 3.6 on Ubuntu 16.04 64bit. For this I installed python3.6, as deafault python version was 2.7. According the installation instruction I have to use smth like

cd setup && sudo python setup.py install

Will it call python 2.7? should I expect any errors? How should I install PyRosetta properly?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi again!

Sorry, previous question was probably too obvious, but when trying

cd setup && sudo python3.6 setup.py install

I’ve got an error “OSError: Could not build the egg.”

(I am trying to install PyRosetta4 for python 3.6 on Ubuntu 16.04 64bit.)

I would be grateful for your advice.

optolab@optolab-HP-Compaq-8200-Elite-SFF-PC:~/PyRosetta4$ cd setup && sudo python3.6 setup.py install
          [sudo] password for optolab:
          Downloading https://pypi.io/packages/source/s/setuptools/setuptools-3.3.zip
          Extracting in /tmp/tmpwpu94hy9
          Now working in /tmp/tmpwpu94hy9/setuptools-3.3
          Building a Setuptools egg in /home/optolab/PyRosetta4/setup
          Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "setup.py", line 18, in <module>
          exec(init_file.read(), command_ns)
          File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
          File "/tmp/tmpwpu94hy9/setuptools-3.3/setuptools/__init__.py", line 12, in <module>
          from setuptools.extension import Extension
          File "/tmp/tmpwpu94hy9/setuptools-3.3/setuptools/extension.py", line 7, in <module>
          from setuptools.dist import _get_unpatched
          File "/tmp/tmpwpu94hy9/setuptools-3.3/setuptools/dist.py", line 16, in <module>
          import pkg_resources
          File "/tmp/tmpwpu94hy9/setuptools-3.3/pkg_resources.py", line 1479, in <module>
          register_loader_type(importlib_bootstrap.SourceFileLoader, DefaultProvider)
          AttributeError: module 'importlib._bootstrap' has no attribute 'SourceFileLoader'
          /home/optolab/PyRosetta4/setup/setuptools-3.3-py3.6.egg
          Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "setup.py", line 5, in <module>
          ez_setup.use_setuptools("3.3")
          File "/home/optolab/PyRosetta4/setup/ez_setup.py", line 189, in use_setuptools
          return _do_download(version, download_base, to_dir, download_delay)
          File "/home/optolab/PyRosetta4/setup/ez_setup.py", line 141, in _do_download
          _build_egg(egg, archive, to_dir)
          File "/home/optolab/PyRosetta4/setup/ez_setup.py", line 79, in _build_egg
          raise IOError('Could not build the egg.')
          OSError: Could not build the egg.

Anonymous

Checking with others, it seems this typically happens when you try to build with one version of Python and install with another.

To fix it, delete the PyRosetta build directory (which can be found by re-running with –print) and then redo the installation with a single, consistent version of Python. (Use the same version for both build.py and setup.py)

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.