libdevel not found while running Rosetta using mpi

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Build/Install libdevel not found while running Rosetta using mpi

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello Rosetta experts,
        I am very new to Rosetta and am trying to compile Rosetta3.4 (tried even Rosetta3.5) on a linux cluster with the following command:
        ./scons.py bin mode=release extras=mpi -j 12
        The installation appears to have finished fine though when I try to run a job using mpirun it gives me the following error:
        error while loading shared libraries: libdevel.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
        From this thread, it appears to me that Rosetta should not ask for libdevel.so library.
        Thank you very much in advance for your help.
        Pri…

Anonymous

Does the mpi process trying to run Rosetta, and the machine on which Rosetta is running, have read access to the directory where Rosetta lives? I think this may be a permissions issue – the MPI client machines can’t libdevel.so.

You can try the statically linked build (extras=mpi,static), or try fixing the permissions/file visibility?

Did you try MOVING the Rosetta executable from the place it was compiled onto another machine? That’s a big no-no (unless using the static build).

If you use the non-mpi build does it work? You can try a quick job on the head node (and just kill it after 20 seconds), which will give plenty of time for this startup error to occur.

Anonymous

Thank you so much ‘smlewis’ for your reply. I solved the problem. This was the absence of proper library path!

I just defined the path LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my .sh script while submitting the job on our cluster and this solved my problem.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/with/mpi/binary/SymDock.mpi.linuxgccrelease:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hope this helps anyone who encounters similar problem.

Thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.