Problem with symmetric docking

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Applications Problem with symmetric docking

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello everyone,
        I’m trying to refine a homotrimer by using symmetric docking in Rosetta 3.2.1. I built the symmetry definition file and ran the following command:

~/rosetta_bin/docking_protocol.linuxgccdebug -database ../rosetta_database -in:file:s INPUT.pdb -in:file:fullatom -ex1 -ex2 -symmetry:symmetry_definition symdef.txt -symmetry:initialize_rigid_body_dofs -symmetry:perturb_rigid_body_dofs 3 8 -nstruct 1 -out:file:fullatom

Which yielded the following output

core.init: Mini-Rosetta version exported from unknown
        core.init: command: /house/homedirs/s/saxen/rosetta_bin/docking_protocol.linuxgccdebug -database ../rosetta_database -in:file:s INPUT.pdb -in:file:fullatom -ex1 -ex2 -symmetry:symmetry_definition symdef.txt -symmetry:initialize_rigid_body_dofs -symmetry:perturb_rigid_body_dofs 3 8 -nstruct 1 -out:file:fullatom
        core.init: 'RNG device' seed mode, using '/dev/urandom', seed=-1610051349 seed_offset=0 real_seed=-1610051349
        core.init.random: RandomGenerator:init: Normal mode, seed=-1610051349 RG_type=mt19937
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/env_log.txt
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/cbeta_den.txt
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/pair_log.txt
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/cenpack_log.txt
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/interchain_env_log.txt
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/interchain_pair_log.txt
        core.scoring.etable: Starting energy table calculation
        core.scoring.etable: smooth_etable: changing atr/rep split to bottom of energy well
        core.scoring.etable: smooth_etable: spline smoothing lj etables (maxdis = 6)
        core.scoring.etable: smooth_etable: spline smoothing solvation etables (max_dis = 6)
        core.scoring.etable: Finished calculating energy tables.
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/pdb_pair_stats_fine
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/scoring/score_functions/hbonds/standard_params/HBPoly1D.csv
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/scoring/score_functions/hbonds/standard_params/HBFadeIntervals.csv
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/scoring/score_functions/hbonds/standard_params/HBEval.csv
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/P_AA
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/P_AA_n
        core.io.database: Database file opened: ../rosetta_database/P_AA_pp
        protocols.docking.DockingInitialPerturbation: Reading options...
        protocols.jd2.PDBJobInputter: Instantiate PDBJobInputter
        protocols.jd2.PDBJobInputter: PDBJobInputter::fill_jobs
        protocols.jd2.PDBJobInputter: pushing INPUT.pdb nstruct index 1
        protocols.jd2.PDBJobInputter: PDBJobInputter::pose_from_job
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] discarding 1 atoms at position 89 in file INPUT.pdb. Best match rsd_type: ILE
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] discarding 3 atoms at position 90 in file INPUT.pdb. Best match rsd_type: GLN
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] discarding 1 atoms at position 180 in file INPUT.pdb. Best match rsd_type: PHE
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] discarding 3 atoms at position 181 in file INPUT.pdb. Best match rsd_type: GLN
        core.pack.task: Packer task: initialize from command line()
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] can't find atom for res 89 atom OXT (trying to set temp)
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] can't find atom for res 90 atom 1H (trying to set temp)
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] can't find atom for res 90 atom 2H (trying to set temp)
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] can't find atom for res 90 atom 3H (trying to set temp)
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] can't find atom for res 180 atom OXT (trying to set temp)
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] can't find atom for res 181 atom 1H (trying to set temp)
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] can't find atom for res 181 atom 2H (trying to set temp)
        core.io.pdb.file_data: [ WARNING ] can't find atom for res 181 atom 3H (trying to set temp)
        protocols.jd2.PDBJobInputter: filling pose from PDB INPUT.pdb
        protocols.docking.DockingProtocol: Setting docking foldtree
        protocols.docking.DockingProtocol: old fold tree: FOLD_TREE EDGE 1 269 -1
        protocols.docking.DockingProtocol:

ERROR: cutpoint
        ERROR:: Exit from: src/protocols/docking/util.cc line: 91

I can do normal docking just fine. Any ideas as to why this might be failing? Thanks!

Anonymous

When you say you can do normal docking fine, do you mean on the exact same PDB? The cutpoint complaint causes me to guess that it is reading the PDB in as one chain. (Of course, you have two OXT warnings, which goes against that guess.) Are the chains lettered differently, preferably with a TER card between them?

Anonymous

I went back and checked, and I was mistaken. Apparently this structure also fails normal docking, though I don’t know why. This structure is actually a trimer of trimers, so what I had done was renumber the three subunits of the first trimer so that there was no overlap in numbers and then concatenate them into one chain. I then tried to use symmetry dock on this chain to generate the second trimer, and that’s where it failed. I suspect something in my method for concatenating the three proteins is wrong.

Anonymous

Post the PDB (as attachment) and I’ll see if I can spot anything. Also, I wasn’t quite clear on what you did – you converted a trimer into a pretend-monomer (makes sense), then fed what to Rosetta? That pseudomonomer, two of them, three of them?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.