Problems installing Rosetta

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – General Problems installing Rosetta

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

When I was installing Rosetta in my computer, after more or less two hours, the command line show me this message:

release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/options/OptionCollection.os build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/options/mpi_stderr.os build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/boinc/boinc_util.os build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/options/keys/OptionKeys.os -Llib -Lexternal/lib -Lbuild/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc -Lsrc -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -lObjexxFCL -lz
        /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
        scons: *** [build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/libutility.so] Error 1
        scons: building terminated because of errors

Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you

S.

Anonymous

> When I was installing Rosetta in my computer, after more or less two hours, the command line show me this message:
          >
          > release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/options/OptionCollection.os build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/options/mpi_stderr.os build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/boinc/boinc_util.os build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/options/keys/OptionKeys.os -Llib -Lexternal/lib -Lbuild/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc -Lsrc -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -lObjexxFCL -lz
          > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
          > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
          > scons: *** [build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/libutility.so] Error 1
          > scons: building terminated because of errors
          >
          >
          > Can somebody help me with this?
          >
          > Thank you
          >
          > S.

and other new problem, with the svn and the setup.py:

This is installing the plattforms scons: warning: The ListOption() function is deprecated; use the ListVariable() function instead.
          File “/home/melchor/Software/Rosetta/rosetta_source/tools/build/setup.py”, line 61, in setup_build_options
          svn: ‘.’ is not a working copy
          scons: done reading SConscript files.
          scons: Building targets …
          scons: *** Do not know how to make File target `script:’ (/home/melchor/Software/Rosetta/rosetta_source/script:). Stop.
          scons: building terminated because of errors.

Thank you

Anonymous

This is the key part of the message:

On Linux, you need to install the package zlib-dev (or maybe libz-dev), i forget). Look for it in your package manager.

This error:
            Do not know how to make File target `script:’ (/home/melchor/Software/Rosetta/rosetta_source/script:)

I have no idea what it means. Did you modify the SCons files any…?

Anonymous

No I don’t modify any of the files. I have installed Rosetta yet, thank you , and now I¡’m havibg problems with the examples trying to reproduce it, but this is other story

> When I was installing Rosetta in my computer, after more or less two hours, the command line show me this message:
              >
              > release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/options/OptionCollection.os build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/options/mpi_stderr.os build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/boinc/boinc_util.os build/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc/utility/options/keys/OptionKeys.os -Llib -Lexternal/lib -Lbuild/src/release/linux/2.6/32/x86/gcc -Lsrc -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -lObjexxFCL -lz
              >
              >
              >
              > Thank you
              >
              > S.

Anonymous

>
                >
                >
                >
                > Thank you
                >
                > S.

Hi,
                I am facing the same problem, could you let me know how you fixed it?
                Thanks in advance,
                Abdullah

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.