pyRosetta cann’t work on RHEL 5.2 X86_64 BIT?

Member Site Forums PyRosetta PyRosetta – Build/Install pyRosetta cann’t work on RHEL 5.2 X86_64 BIT?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nobuyasu
      Participant

When I :
        >>>from rosetta import *
        I got :
        ImportError: rosetta/utility/_rosetta_utility.so: wrong ELF class
        ELFCLASS32

It doesn’t support 64 bit linux now?

Anonymous

> When I :
          > >>>from rosetta import *
          > I got :
          > ImportError: rosetta/utility/_rosetta_utility.so: wrong ELF class
          > ELFCLASS32
          >
          > It doesn’t support 64 bit linux now?

I believe that if you have 32-bit libraries installed AND use 32-bit python and ipython binaries, PyRosetta will work.

My solution is to run PyRosetta from a 32-bit system in a chroot jail. I am not familiar with RHEL but the chroot procedure is probably similar to that for Ubuntu (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=24575&highlight=32+bit+chroot). A RHEL how-to should be easy to find.
          In the chroot system you must install Python 2.5 and download the libboost with UCS4 support (see Mac OS 10.6 thread) or recompile Python with –enable-unicode=ucs2.

Anonymous

I’m having this same problem, but I have somewhat limited user privileges as I am on a shared system, and I am not the system administrator. Is there another way?

Anonymous

What is the system? You may be able to setup a chroot jail anyway, or request it from your sysop.

Using the chroot jail is pretty much the only workable solution right now, getting all the 32-bit libs and binaries in all the right places is a major pain. You could also use a virtual machine with 32-bit OS installed (perhaps your system provides some virtualization?), simple/short tasks probably wouldn’t suffer terribly from the speed hit in a VM.

Anonymous

I received the same messages when I tried to run it on Ubuntu, 64 bit. Currently I run PyRosetta using a VM using Sun VirtualBox (on a win xp host). I run 32 bit Ubunutu, and am extremely happy with the speed of the VM. If you can do this, I would highly recommend it. (However, I have found problems trying to run the VM on Win 7 64 bit).

Anonymous

> When I :
                  > >>>from rosetta import *
                  > I got :
                  > ImportError: rosetta/utility/_rosetta_utility.so: wrong ELF class
                  > ELFCLASS32
                  >
                  > It doesn’t support 64 bit linux now?

We’ve now posted a 64-bit linux distribution. Please see if this helps: http://www.pyrosetta.org/dow. (This is new so we may require some testing).

Anonymous

Hello!

I’m having problems with the 64 bit version of PyRosetta. I always get this error message:

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Jul 29 2010, 14:33:45)
                      [GCC 4.4.0 20090514 (Red Hat 4.4.0-6)] on linux2
                      Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.
                      >>> from rosetta import *
                      Traceback (most recent call last):
                      File “”, line 1, in
                      File “/opt/rosetta/PyRosetta/rosetta/__init__.py”, line 14, in
                      import utility, core
                      File “/opt/rosetta/PyRosetta/rosetta/utility/__init__.py”, line 1, in
                      from _rosetta_utility_000 import *
                      ImportError: /home/luca/INSTALLED3/lib/libpython2.6.so.1.0: invalid ELF header

Do I need to install python with some special keywords/options?

Thanks for any help
                      /Luca

> > When I :
                      > > >>>from rosetta import *
                      > > I got :
                      > > ImportError: rosetta/utility/_rosetta_utility.so: wrong ELF class
                      > > ELFCLASS32
                      > >
                      > > It doesn’t support 64 bit linux now?
                      >
                      > We’ve now posted a 64-bit linux distribution. Please see if this helps: http://pyrosetta.org/download.html. (This is new so we may require some testing).
                      >

Anonymous

By the error it looks like you using 32bit version of PyRosetta… I would recommend getting 64bit one and try it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.