PyRosetta4 installation problem

Member Site Forums PyRosetta PyRosetta – Build/Install PyRosetta4 installation problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi:

I am trying to install Pyrosetta4 with the following system and software settings:

Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS 64Bit

Python 2.7.12 (ubuntu default), 64bit

PyRosetta4.Release.python27.ubuntu.release-184

I followed the instructions given on RyRosetta website and typed in the command “cd setup && sudo python setup.py install” in terminal.

An error message quicked showed up as:

Downloading https://pypi.io/packages/source/s/setuptools/setuptools-3.3.zip

Extracting in /tmp/tmp7GOXbq

Now working in /tmp/tmp7GOXbq/setuptools-3.3

Building a Setuptools egg in /home/zuodong/Program/PyRosetta4/PyRosetta4.Release.python27.ubuntu.release-184/setup

/home/zuodong/Program/PyRosetta4/PyRosetta4.Release.python27.ubuntu.release-184/setup/setuptools-3.3-py2.7.egg

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “setup.py”, line 77, in <module>

setup_package()

File “setup.py”, line 61, in setup_package

version = get_package_version(),

File “setup.py”, line 36, in get_package_version

subprocess.check_output([“git”, “rev-parse”, “–show-toplevel”]).strip().decode(),

File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 567, in check_output

process = Popen(stdout=PIPE, *popenargs, **kwargs)

File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 711, in __init__

errread, errwrite)

File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1343, in _execute_child

raise child_exception

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Could anyone give me some suggestions on how to fix the problem? Thank you very much!

zsun12

Anonymous

Hi

don’t know if you succeed or not but I had similar issue it  has been fixe following this:

Install basic development packages

This list may not be sufficient and necessary for building Python for PyRosetta. Maybe someone can correct me here:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libbz2-dev libncursesw5-dev libreadline-gplv2-dev libssl-dev libgdbm-dev libc6-dev libsqlite3-dev tk-dev mysql-client libmysqlclient-dev

If this command fails, remove the failed package(s) from the apt-get command line and try again. Take note of those that failed though in case they are needed. You may need libreadline5-dev instead of libreadline-gplv2-dev.

This is taken from

https://www.rosettacommons.org/content/trouble-building-pyrosetta-linux-mint-13-maya-64-bit

Cheers

JM

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.