Member Site › Forums › Rosetta 3 › Rosetta 3 – Build/Install › Rosetta 3.4 build on Fedora 15 (VM)
Because I cannot build Rosetta 3.4 on Mac OS X Lion yet, I tried a virtual machine of Fedora 15 with VirtualBox. Here I describe some issues:
1. After installing Fedora I made the following updates / installations:
$ sudo yum install scons
$ sudo yum update gcc-c++
2. I run the following command in the source code folder of Rosetta:
$ scons bin mode=release
3. When compiling, the process stopped because of the following errors:
$ g++-4.6: command not found
$ gcc-4.6: command not found
4. So I checked the version of the compiler:
$ gcc -v
gcc version 4.6.3 20120306 (Red Hat 4.6.3-2) (GCC)
5. Then, I search for the gcc command
$ whereis gcc
6. I created symbolic links in the same folder where the commands are:
$ cd /usr/bin
$ sudo ln -s gcc gcc-4.6
$ sudo ln -s g++ g++-4.6
7. Finally, I run the compilation again and after 3 hrs I got the binaries (symbolic links to the binaries) in bin folder.
I hope this information be useful.
Thanks!!! I appreciate it.