Rosetta 3.4 “Relax pdb with allatom constraints” does not work with structures containing multiple chains

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Applications Rosetta 3.4 “Relax pdb with allatom constraints” does not work with structures containing multiple chains

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am trying to use “Relax pdb with allatom constraints” to prepare starting files. This works fine as long as the input pdb contains only a single chain. If it contains two chains, relaxation fails (see attached log file). Although each of the component chains runs fine on its own, as soon as I try to process the complex, the process fails with a complaint about missing atoms:
        “[ERROR] Exception caught by JobDistributor for job Graft_FV_0001_0001Atom CG 122 not found”

Anonymous

Does your constraint file use PDB numbering, or Rosetta numbering-from-one? The error “Atom CG 122” not found sounds to me like your constraint file specifies an atom that isn’t there.

Anonymous

I’d recommend using the “short protocol” as outlined in http://www.rosettacommons.org/manuals/archive/rosetta3.4_user_guide/dd/da1/preparing_structures.html it’s more-or-less equivalent to the longer protocol and much easier. (Not mentioning it in the “Prepare PDB for Rosetta with Relax” page http://www.rosettacommons.org/manuals/archive/rosetta3.4_user_guide/d9/d2e/prepare_pdb_for_rosetta_with_relax.html is a regrettable oversight.)

While sidechain_cst_3.py attempts to match the internal Rosetta numbering scheme when generating constraints, it doesn’t always get things right. By doing the constraint generation within Rosetta itself, it’s easier to get right.

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your reply. Using the short protocol worked just fine.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.