Rosetta parallel installation

Member Site Forums Rosetta 3 Rosetta 3 – Build/Install Rosetta parallel installation

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi all,
        have been using Rosetta for a while, but could not figure out exactly how to install parallel. I am very happy to see Rosetta3.2 latest version. I will be grateful to you if anyone suggest me how to install (best way)parallel and how to run applications in parallel.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,
        vamsi

Anonymous

To build Rosetta in MPI, simply add extras=mpi to your command line for compiling. This produced the MPI-enabled “parallel” executables. Note that almost all of Rosetta is not parallel; the Job Distributor layer is parallelized to allow many independent trajectories under the MPI umbrella. This means you won’t get a performance boost from running 100 Rosetta jobs in regular mode versus a 100-processor MPI job.

The executeables ought to have “mpi” in their name somewhere – if you can’t find them post what you have and I’ll figure it out.

I don’t know how to get MPI installed on your cluster architecture, of course…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.