- This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
November 6, 2014 at 10:47 am #2060Anonymous
I am trying to use fixbb to replace some amino acid residues from a template PDB into my own sequence.
Can I ask
1) Is “-dun10” the latest rotamer database? (How can I know if it is the latest?)
2) Do I need to add additional flags (e.g. -ex1, -ex2, -ex3, -ex4) or they have been set by default?
Basically, I do not have particular requirement for the structure. So I am wondering if all the flags have been set by default?
The command line is:
~/Cheng/rosetta_2014.30.57114_bundle/main/source/bin/fixbb.linuxgccrelease @/home/lanselibai/Cheng/fixbb/flags_fullatom_dun10 -database ~/Cheng/rosetta_2014.30.57114_bundle/main/database -resfile /home/lanselibai/Cheng/fixbb/LC_resfile.txt >& /home/lanselibai/Cheng/fixbb/log.txt &
The options file is:
# I jus want one output structure as I will do relax later.
Thank you very much.
November 7, 2014 at 8:06 pm #10548Anonymous
The default rotamer library is the latest.
Common packing flags include: -ex1 -ex2 -extrachi_cutoff 0 -use_input_sc. The first three test off-rotamer rotamers, and the last allows the input structure as a rotamer.
If you really want just one structure to relax, then what you have is fine.
November 11, 2014 at 11:02 am #10557Anonymous
I think you do not need to include “-ex1 -ex2 -extrachi_cutoff 0 -use_input_sc” because you will do relax afterwards, which does exactly the same thing, if not more thorough, NOT because you only need one decoy. Similarly, if you generate multiple decoys, you do not need to include those options if you do relax later. (But I personally do not see necessity to generate more decoys if the mutations are unique.)
November 11, 2014 at 10:22 pm #10567Anonymous
The current defaults are to use the 2010 Dunbrack library. (So “-dun10” defaults to being on. You do not need to add it, but it will not hurt if you do.)
November 7, 2014 at 9:39 pm #10550Anonymous
Thank you. If I understand correctly,
1) I do not need to add “-dun10” as the default is already the latest rotamer database.
2) I also do not need to include “-ex1 -ex2 -extrachi_cutoff 0 -use_input_sc” if I just want one output.
3) It would be better to include “-ex1 -ex2 -extrachi_cutoff 0 -use_input_sc” if I want to have multiple outputs.
Are these correct?
November 11, 2014 at 2:11 pm #10559Anonymous
Thank you. So I will not include those options and only generate one decoy followed by relax.
November 11, 2014 at 11:28 pm #10570Anonymous
Hi R Moretti,
Thanks a lot. That would be cool. So in my simple case, resfile is the only file that should be prepared except the input PDB file.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.