running multiple instances of rosetta

Member Site Forums Rosetta++ Rosetta++ – General running multiple instances of rosetta

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I would like to run multiple instances of rosetta on a cluster in order to speed
        up decoy generation.
        How can I ensure that each of the decoys is original so that the conformational
        space is searched without duplicating decoys?
        Does rosetta have a way of creating a random seed and if so how does this alter
        the decoy generation?

Thanks

Mathew Smith

Anonymous

Hi Mathew,

You’ll want to give each instance of rosetta a different random seed.

To do this, you’ll use two flags in your command line: -constant_seed and -jran

The integer that follows the -jran flag should be between 1 million and 4 million.

Best,
          Andrew

> I would like to run multiple instances of rosetta on a cluster in order to speed
          > up decoy generation.
          > How can I ensure that each of the decoys is original so that the conformational
          > space is searched without duplicating decoys?
          > Does rosetta have a way of creating a random seed and if so how does this alter
          > the decoy generation?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Mathew Smith

Sally Ride
          Participant

Hi,

What about -seed_offset option? Can it be used instead of -constant_seed -jran ? Is there any difference in the results if I use -seed_offset ?

What -seed_offset actually does? When I run two rosetta jobs with “-seed_offset 1” the random seed reported in the standard output is nevertheless different …

Thanks,
            Jan Kosinski

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.